Personal home care services, because as we get older, everyday tasks can become more difficult.
When seniors find themselves struggling with activities of daily living or are unable to maintain their own home, they can quickly lose confidence and independence.
Home Instead Senior Care can bridge that gap, supporting seniors at home with physical assistance to complete a variety of common household tasks.
The personal at home care services that our trustworthy CAREGivers provide your loved ones help them to continue to live safely and independently in the comfort of their own home.
Here are a few of the tasks a home helper can handle:
General home help
- Help with errands
- Pick up prescriptions
- Medication reminders
- Assist with transport and travel needs
- General shopping
- Appointment reminders
- Oversee home deliveries
- Laundry and ironing drop off/pick up dry cleaning
- Make beds and change linens
- Dust and vacuum
- Organise and clean cupboards
- Take out the rubbish
- Assist with pet care
- Care of plants, light gardening
- Supervise home maintenance
- Discuss historical events, record family history
- Play mind stimulating games, participate in crafts
- Accompany to lunch or dinner in a café or restaurant
- Escort to appointments and special events
- Provide companionship and conversation
Meals and nutrition
As people age, they often find it difficult to maintain a balanced diet. Our taste buds diminish and we may lose interest in food or lack the energy to cook for ourselves.
Our trained CAREGivers can help your loved one with their meals and eating, ensuring they have a healthy, nutritious, well-balanced diet.
- Menu planning
- Grocery shopping
- Meal preparation
- Monitor diet and eating
- Monitor food expiry dates
Whether you need two hours of support every now and then, a few times a week, every day or 24 hour care; Home Instead CAREGivers are here to help.
To learn more about home helper services for your loved one, please contact your local Home Instead office.