At Home Instead we support you to continue living independently in your own home by empowering your ability.
What is Ability Care?
We understand the importance of remaining at home and we are committed to helping you to maintain your independence, ensuring quality care is delivered and empowering you to make decisions about your care.
We provide a range of services to help you with your day-to-day activities such as:
- Companionship and outings
- Transport services
- Meal preparation
- Medication reminders
- Light housekeeping (eg. laundry, vacuuming, changing bed sheets etc)
- Personal care
We specialise in supporting adults with conditions such as:
- Dementia (including Younger Onset Dementia)
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Parkinson’s Disease
How we can Help
Home Instead can help with a range of personal needs while providing welcome companionship. Your care needs are individual to you and your condition. For some people, help in the home with regular visits from CAREGivers and allied healthcare professionals is beneficial while others may need specialist or palliative care to support their needs.
We can support with a variety of services from transport to appointments and social outings through to specialist dementia care. Home Instead can help with your capacity building and maintaining independence in your own home. We are responsive to your changing needs and can alter the amount and level of care you receive.
“I love the service I get from Home Instead. The CAREGivers are very educated in their field, and they organise everything for me. They make the bed, do the washing including folding and ironing, they clean the bathrooms, vacuum, dust and mop the floors. They even wipe the cupboards out if I need. I love my home. I feel comfortable in my own home. I feel safe, and I know where everything is. If I need extra services, I can just ask.”
– MICHELE, 62 –
Funding your Care
Home Instead provides support for clients who are funded by the National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) and are either Plan Managed or Self-Managed. We can also support people who may not be eligible for NDIS support and can choose to privately fund their care.
Plan Managed is when the funds allocated by your NDIS plan are administrated by a Registered Provider of Plan Management Services. A Plan Manager helps you to keep track of your NDIS funds and also takes care of financial reporting for you.
Self-Managed is when you choose to manage your NDIS funding yourself. This provides you with flexibility and choice on how to spend your NDIS funding to best meet your goals and needs. Home Instead can support your home care needs irrespective of if your NDIS funds are Self-Managed or Plan Managed, or if you wish to fund or top-up your care services privately.
Why we’re the best choice
- Our trusted, reliable and consistent CAREGivers work on a schedule designed around your individual requirements to provide person-centred care at home.
- Our relationship-based in-home care supports your entire physical, mental, emotional and social wellbeing and enables lasting relationships with our clients
- Matched CAREGivers with condition-specific training to support clients with conditions such as Dementia, Parkinson’s Disease and adults with a disability.
- Our Care Managers collaborate with other service providers, health professionals and NDIS Support Coordinators, Local Area Coordinators and Plan Managers to develop a comprehensive care plan around your individual needs.
- Our services are responsive and flexible to your changing needs and can be increased or decreased as you need.
Real Care Stories
Jose & CAREGiver Rob show how Ability Care is about more than just support with household tasks. What a jam session!
“We are so much better off with care at home. We just wouldn’t be able to cope without Home Instead.”
“My goal is to remain in my home with my loved ones for as long as I can, with the help of Home Instead.”
Find out more
Early Onset Dementia
“My family and I are grateful for the excellent care, compassion and thoughtful way in which this happy outcome has been achieved.”
Find out more
Service Enquiry Form
"*" indicates required fields