Home Care Services
If your family recognises the value of growing old at home, our home care services are for you.
Neither giving nor receiving care is easy.
That is why Home Instead Senior Care puts relationships first - to enhance the quality of life you and your family share, to support your independence, to protect your dignity and, above all, respect your personal wants and needs.
Home Instead CAREGivers provide compassionate and reliable home care services, helping to keep seniors living happily, safely and independently in the comfort of their own home.
Our in-home care focuses on providing the best-quality in-home care and support to meet our clients' individual needs.
Our living assistance services include:
Not so long ago, an accident or medical emergency often meant sending a senior family member off to a nursing home. Today, our CAREGivers provide all the supportive care a person needs to continue living at home, even for people with chronic illness and life-limiting diseases.
Who can benefit from in-home care?
We believe that older people can continue to live safely, independently and comfortably in their own home with the right in-home care and support.
People recently discharged from the hospital may require temporary assistance with cooking, laundry and transportation.
Family members with a cognitive impairment like dementia may benefit from ongoing help with medication reminders and companionship.
In general, if you worry that your loved ones cannot safely care for themselves at home anymore, they may benefit from the in-home care we provide.
Here are some specific signs your loved one may require some care and assistance at home:
- Housekeeping isn’t kept up like it used to be
- Household bills aren’t being paid
- Medications aren’t being taken on schedule
- Personal hygiene is declining
- Appliances, like stoves and irons, are left on and forgotten
- Recently lost their spouse, or seems lonely or depressed
- Lack of interest in food or cooking
- Driving is becoming a concern
- Diagnosed with Alzheimer’s Disease or a related dementia
- Arthritis has made it difficult to perform simple tasks like buttoning clothes.
Our home care service increases quality of life at home
Our professional CAREGivers not only provide your loved ones with physical assistance, but they offer companionship – someone to talk to, someone to listen. For elderly family members this personal connection may be the most valuable and welcome part of in-home care.
But professional CAREGiving isn’t just about companionship. Our highly trained CAREGivers deliver services tailored to your family member’s individual needs. A typical day might look like this:
- Get started with a shower, a hot breakfast and a reminder to take medications.
- Do some light housekeeping while chatting about current events.
- Put on a load of laundry.
- Escort your family member to their doctor’s appointment.
- Assist them with the collection of prescriptions and grocery shopping.
- Hang out clothes and make the bed.
- Prepare a nutritious lunch and sit at the table together to enjoy it.
- Help your family member go for a walk outdoors to get some fresh air.
- Make sure your loved one is settled in bed for the night before leaving – or stay overnight if need be to ease your family member’s anxiety about living alone.
Home Instead Senior Care has over ten years of experience caring for seniors and their families. In that time Home Instead has developed extensive training programs, built on research and experience, so that our CAREGivers are prepared to provide the highest quality of care — the kind of care we would want for our own parents, spouse or grandparents. We understand that deciding to use outside help requires a lot of trust and humility, so Home Instead Senior Care is committed to not just capable care, but compassionate care. Click here to learn more about our CAREGivers.
To you, it’s about making the right choice. To us, it’s personal.
Contact your local Home Instead Senior Care office to talk about how our homecare services can help.