1. Why choose Home Instead to provide services for my Home Care Package?
At Home Instead, we understand that each person living at home will have slightly different needs and wishes. That’s why we offer completely unique home care packages – so you can live at home with complete choice, flexibility and control of your care services.
All of Home Instead’s care services are available immediately – even if you’re waiting for your ACAT or ACAS assessment, or in the national prioritisation queue.
You’ll be personally assigned with a CAREGiver who can provide everything from occasional support to 24/7 care. And when your care package is decided, Home Instead is committed to maximising its value.
- You’ll be personally matched with one of our qualified CAREGivers
- You pick the times, days and tasks you’d like a hand with
- You can change your package and services as you wish
- We’re ready by the phone – 24/7 – if you need any extra support
- There are no exit fees or daily fees, just your regular, low management fee.
2. What help can I get with my Home Care Package?
Your friendly CAREGiver can help with a wide variety of your domestic tasks, including:
- Personal care – We can assist with showering, toileting, dressing, and plenty more.
- Day-to-day tasks – If you have regular medication or tasks, your supportive CAREGiver can help manage them for you.
- Meal preparation – Your CAREGiver can even give your favourite recipes a go, so you’ll always have a healthy, tasty and familiar meal ready for you.
- Transport – You’ll be driven to the shops, your social outings, your appointments and more by your single, personally-assigned CAREGiver.
- Nursing, podiatry, and gardening services are just some of the areas that Home Instead can organise for you.
- If you need more services than your Home Care Package provides, Home Instead can help. Simply top-up your individual budget by purchasing additional home care services as needed.
3. Who is a Home Care Package for?
The Home Care Package Programme is intended for people who have complex needs that can only be met by a coordinated package of care. The objectives of the Programme are;
- to assist people to remain living at home; and
- to enable consumers to have choice and flexibility in the way that the consumer’s aged care and support is provided at home.
There are no minimum age requirements or residency restrictions, the Home Care Packages Programme has been developed to assist frailer older Australians to remain in their own homes. Home Care Packages are not intended for:
- Visitors to Australia
- People requiring temporary or short-term care.
To find out if you are eligible for a Home Care Package, contact My Aged Care, who will refer you to an Aged Care Assessment Team (ACAT)* for an in-person assessment. They will determine your eligibility, and which Home Care level best suits your needs.