People and Engagement Manager
Want to inspire your innovation, lead projects and events to build a positive, inclusive workforce culture? Working directly with the Franchise Owners, you will drive this new role within our organisation that focuses on retention and engagement supporting Home Instead be a desired place of employment. We are looking for a manager who is engaging and motivated and can oversee a recruitment and training team to monitor internal and legislative compliance and State and Federal employment law.
Key Player • Perth North and South
What we do
Home Instead Perth and Southwest is a national provider of high-quality in-home care for older Australians. We help with a range of personal and lifestyle needs while providing welcome companionship. We take personal responsibility for providing the best in-home care and support to meet our client’s needs and we are committed to addressing the individual and national challenges of Australia’s ageing population.
- Be an active and effective leader, ensuring collaboration with Franchise Owners and the Service Lead team on development and delivery of strategic activities.
- Develop and implement a range of CAREGiver communication strategies to ensure all CAREGivers are engaged, feel supported and connected to Home Instead and develop as professional CAREGivers
- Work closely with the Recruitment Team Lead to ensure all activities and needs for CAREGiver recruitment are being achieved to meet business operations.
- Lead and support the Learning and Development teams on all aspects of the delivery of training including Empower (SABA) and trainer led courses.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of all HI employment and WH&S policies and manage the performance of CAREGivers to ensure we meet compliance.
- Monitor CAREGiver annual performance reviews and exit feedback. Monitor, counsel and advise on CAREGiver matters as needed.
- Manage and monitor new Key Player and CAREGiver orientation and ongoing training needs are being achieved.
- Identify, develop and implement recognition programs and incentives, that can be measured on.
- Build and design wellbeing, positive work environment projects, that becomes embedded into our culture.
- Engage Employee and Industrial Relations consultant as required
- Develop, implement and review a retention strategy considering both Key Player and CAREGivers.
- Monitor compliance for State and Federal employment laws.
Skills and Experience
- Diploma in Human Resources, or higher (highly desirable), otherwise working towards a recognised National qualification.
- Experience in recruitment and human resource management.
- Excellent communication skills, including highly effective inter-personal skills, and strong judgement and assessment skills to be able to assess applications and conduct interviews and annual performance reviews in an efficient, effective and professional manner.
- Preferably have experience and knowledge about the requirements of care services for older people.
- An ethical approach to your work, being self-motivated and someone who enjoys achieving results both individually and as part of a team.
- Be a high level administrator with business management skills including a high level of computer literacy and accurate data entry skills.
- Be structured in your thinking and be a problem solver who provides solutions to issues/challenges.
The role is to be preferred full time but would consider part time
How to apply:
Please submit your application with a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and why you would like to be considered for this position, plus your current resume
Closing date: 15/07/ 2022
For further information please call Toni Jackson on 63100400
Please note: We will be commencing with shortlisting immediately. We reserve the right to close the position without notice.
About Home Instead
Perth North & South, South West WA
Established in 2008, our Home Instead office is the trusted choice for in-home care and companionship services in Perth North & South & South West WA. We are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of local seniors and their families and we take pride in every aspect of their care to ensure they have access to the best quality care services and support they need to continue living, safely, independently and happily in the comfort of their own home.
Osborne Park, Mandurah, Bunbury, Clarkson