Are you looking for work where you can make a real difference in seniors lives enabling them to remain living independently at home? We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Care Manager who is caring and compassionate, self-motivated, energetic and is looking for a position that has variety and offers an opportunity for ongoing professional development.
Key Player • Melbourne Inner South & Bayside
About this Role
The Care Manager is focused on the needs of private funded clients and clients in receipt of government funded Home Care Packages (HCP) managed by Home Instead. The Care Manager conducts care consultations with potential clients, performs quality assurance visits with existing clients, including new client incubation, and serves as a trusted resource in the community through networking efforts.
- Build confidence and trust with prospective and existing clients and their families
- Share and discuss information about new clients with Office Staff and document information obtained during care consultations to develop and maintain accurate client records.
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of resources so that you can inform clients and/or client family members about resources available to them or seek out tailored resources to meet specific needs.
- Build relationships and communicate regularly with Referral provider Network connected to clients and record these contacts.
- Complete all requirements associated with HCP clients managed by Home Instead including the development of Care Plans and individualized budgets, My Aged Care and other government expectations.
- Conduct regular quality assurance visits with clients in person or over the phone to ensure the highest level of care is being attained while also determining needs of additional services.
- Use a consultative ‘sales’ process to discover client’s additional needs and strengthen the relationship.
- Accurately document information obtained during the quality assurance visit and discuss concerns shared by clients with Office Staff responsible for development and performance reviews with CAREGivers to continually improve the quality of care services provided to all clients.
- Conduct meetings as applicable with families of clients to ensure clear communication is being attained and previously determined goals are being met.
- Conduct initial client / CAREGiver introductions and maintain regular contact and communication with all new clients and their families for an ‘incubation’ period to ensure that the client settles in well with the services.
- Follow up on all client leads and referrals as soon as possible.
- Attend networking meetings and events relating to the aged care sector.
- Consultatively ‘sell’ Home Instead services to prospective clients and gain commitment while making recommendations that will best benefit the client.
Ideally, we would like you to have…
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related field and or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Previous experience working with seniors
- Knowledge of the aged care industry
- A valid driver’s license
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and be proficient in the use of computers including email, Word and Excel.
- Professional demeanour that creates a favourable first impression that puts people at ease and builds into a trusting relationship.
- Good listening skills and attention to detail.
- An understanding about the importance of maintaining confidentiality and privacy of information and adhering to company policies and procedures.
- A team player approach whilst also being able to work independently and take ownership of the role and all its responsibilities
- Effective interpersonal skills as well as sound judgement and good decision-making skills
- Discretion, integrity, fair-mindedness consistent with the culture and values of Home Instead.
What we Offer:
- A rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in the lives of seniors and their families
- A welcome and supportive working environment
- Comprehensive orientation and ongoing training and professional development program
- A company that recognises and appreciates the value of the work that you do
- Opportunity to work for a company that is locally owned and operated but also part of a national and global network.
Welcome to Home Instead in Melbourne Inner South and Bayside
How can we help you live independently at home? Having cared for Bayside seniors and their families since 2010, we can hand-match you with a certified CAREGiver for your preferences and personality. Our compassionate team speaks 15 languages, and has expertise in all aspects of home care and companionship, as well as palliative home care and dementia care. That means even if your care needs change, you know you can rely on us to provide continuity of care.
We are available 24/7 in Melbourne’s inner south to answer your questions about how home care works, as well as costs and Home Care Packages.