Are you looking for work where you can make a real difference in the lives of older people, enabling them to remain living independently at home? We have an exciting opportunity for a Registered Nurse who is caring and compassionate, self-motivated, energetic and is looking for a position that has variety and offers an opportunity for ongoing professional development.
Key Player • Melbourne Outer North East
About this role:
- Building relationships based on trust with prospective and existing clients and their families.
- Meet with prospective clients and their families to understand their goals and current needs, and provide and recommend solutions. Further, gain their commitment for home care services, including creating robust, personalised care plans.
- Conduct regular quality assurance visits with clients in person and/or over the phone to ensure the highest level of care is being attained while also determining any changing needs or requirements for additional services.
- Ensure that clients’ changing clinical needs and preferences continue to be supported by working together with the clients, client families, and representatives and their CAREGivers.
- Be knowledgeable about a wide range of resources and local services so that you can inform clients and or a client’s family or representative about a range of tailored resources or services to meet any specific needs.
- Build relationships and communicate regularly with other health service providers and/or local referral sources to build and ensure awareness of the range of support and services that Home Instead can provide within our local community.
Ideally, we would like you to:
- Preferably have qualifications and experience in care planning, identifying needs, goal setting, coordinating and managing care services within the aged, community health or social services sector
- Be an effective communicator with excellent customer service skills and demonstrated problem solving skills
- Have a strong understanding and knowledge about the Australian Aged Care standards, community home care and/or Home Care Packages
- Be highly efficient and organised with proven time management skills
- Have a valid driver’s license
- Demonstrate accurate data entry and experience in the use of MS Office.
What we offer:
- A rewarding career where you can make a positive difference in the lives of older people and their families
- A welcome and supportive working environment
- Comprehensive orientation and ongoing training and professional development program
- Transition to Aged Care Training Program if you come from a different clinical specialty
- A company that recognises and appreciates the value of the work that you do
- Opportunity to work for a company that is locally owned and operated but also part of a national and global network.
About Home Instead Melbourne Outer North East
Established in 2019, our Home Instead Briar Hill office is the trusted choice for in-home care and companionship services in Melbourne’s Outer North East. We are committed to making a positive difference in the lives of local seniors and their families and we take pride in every aspect of their care to ensure they have access to the best quality care services and support they need to continue living, safely, independently and happily in the comfort of their own home.